Your Pensacola Business In The Top Of Google
If you own a local business in the Pensacola area chances are that you have a decent amount of competition already from local competitors in your industry. Here’s how to utilize the power of the internet to leapfrog ahead of them online and place your business at the top of the search results in Google and the other major search engines, including YouTube. Yep, YouTube IS a search engine too!
At Market Taffy, we specialize in assisting local business owners just like you get top placement in the search engine rankings. We work with professionals in a variety of fields and have clients all over the country. We have developed a strategy that we follow to ensure that all the bases are covered. In this post I am going to share those methods with you.
- Responsive Custom Website – The internet has been around for over 20 years now, if you haven’t invested in a custom website with a domain name that captures the spirit of your brand or company it is past time to do it. And if you already have a website but it is outdated then you need to update it to a more contemporary design. People make judgments about your business based on presentation, online your website represents YOU and as the saying goes, “You don’t get a second chance to make a good first impression.” Your website should also be optimized for display on any device. This means that it should display optimally on any device that a user may be utilizing to view it, whether that be desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone. All of the websites Market Taffy designs are designed in this manner. You do NOT need a separate website for mobile despite what “mobile website salespeople” are trying to sell you!
- Publish Consistent Quality Content – The internet is all about content. When an internet user goes online they are looking for information. If you provide quality information on a consistent basis then you will be rewarded with higher search engine rankings. It is that simple. Google and the other major search engines reward website publishers with higher rankings based on the quality of the experience they offer their visitors. They also rank sites by their consistency, this is why it pays to post updates to your website regularly. We recommend having a blog that you post to on a daily basis and we do this for all of our clients.
- Google Places Listing – After Google began integrating Google Local and Google Plus they came out with Google Places for Business. When they did the big intro in 2013 they created pages for most businesses in the country that were already established businesses. If you have been in business for any length of time chances are there is a Google Places page already waiting for you to claim. If you feel comfortable with doing it yourself you can claim your Google Places Listing here. If not, you can contact us to claim it and optimize it for you. Claiming your Google Places Listing will do wonders for helping you with getting top of search rankings. For starters, Google Places Listings show up at the top of local searches above paid search and organically ranked listings along with a map showing the location of the business and a link to your Google Places page as well as your website. On a mobile device, often what the visitor sees at the top of their screen is the map with pins of the local businesses that match their search query and the distance to that business for their current location. If you want to capture buyers while they are out shopping, this is a key way to do it.
- Social Media – Everyone is familiar with Facebook. As of 2013 71% of all internet users were using Facebook. But you cannot rely on Facebook only. The demographics are different for each social media network and if you want to cover all your bases then you need to have a presence in all of them you can. Below I am going to share demographics and statistics on all of the top social media networks so you can see why this is true. At the minimum you want to utilize Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Tumblr. If you do a lot of Business to Business marketing then you need to use LinkedIn as well. Follow the linked text here to go to the Demographics of Key Social Media Networking Platforms from Pew Research.
- YouTube – As I mentioned above, YouTube IS a search engine and contrary to popular it is the second largest search engine after Google, NOT Bing or Yahoo. Video content IS content just as much as written content if not more so. The search engine spiders are constantly looking for new “food” in the form of information. Videos are a great way to propel you business to the top of the rankings because so few people are utilizing them for business. Aside from the direct traffic you can get from the videos themselves you will get great SEO benefits by utilizing video marketing and using keyword rich titles and tags with a link to your website in the description of the video. In the actual video you can mention your phone number as well as insert an overlay with your phone number, email or website in it and realize immediate results from viewers wanting what you are offering. Our in house SEO expert, Gregg Hall used this for a local car dealer and their phones haven’t stopped ringing since. Here are some incredible YouTube Statistics
This is just an overview of some of the things that you can do to help boost your local search rankings in the major search engines. At Market Taffy we specialize in Online Marketing from A-Z. We design and build responsive custom websites for Pensacola businesses as well as clients we work for nationally and internationally. We have a team of professionals who can do all of the work for you from web development and SEO to Social Media and Content Marketing. Give us a call today at 850-466-5776 or request a no obligation consultation